What is PMI Membership?
In a word, dedication. PMI membership signifies that you’re serious about your project management career and your professional development. It highlights this dedication to employers, colleagues and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market. It also provides you with access to valuable knowledge, networks and resources that help you improve and advance.
Benefits of Membership
As a PMI member, you’ll gain exclusive access to PMI publications and global standards, plus networking opportunities through ProjectManagement.com and PMI chapters. You’ll grow and develop as a leader through our volunteer opportunities, and you’ll receive discounts on training, events, certification exams and renewals.
- Grow your career using our expansive collection of knowledge resources including the PMBOK® Guide, tools and templates.
Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- Connect and network with a worldwide community on ProjectManagement.com. Share your expertise and earn badges that recognize your contributions. Network locally through your nearest PMI chapter and get involved in volunteer opportunities to serve the profession.
Career Resources & Professional Development
- With our flexible and varied professional development offerings and career resources, you can tailor your journey to your unique needs.
Rewards & Discounts
- PMI members benefit from discounts and programs that help smooth the road to success.
- Informative and insightful membership publications to help you keep up and stay abreast of the latest trends.
- Looking for your next opportunity? Turn to our extensive tools and resources in PMI Career Headquarters you’ll find the premier job board for project management and resources like career coaching, which are just for members.
Types of Membership
Whether you’re new to project management or a seasoned veteran, PMI has a membership plan that’s right for you. Check out the membership options we have for practitioners, students and retirees. Group rates are also available.
Our individual membership is open to anyone. If your work involves projects or project management, or you simply want to learn more about them, an individual membership is a terrific solution for you.
PMI memberships aren’t just for working project practitioners. If you are enrolled full time in a degree-granting program at a college or university that has U.S. accreditation, or the global equivalent, a PMI student membership may be right for you.
Your enthusiasm for project management doesn’t have to end when you stop working. If you have been a PMI member in good standing for five consecutive years and have retired from active employment, you can take advantage of a discounted retiree membership and stay involved with the profession.