Greetings PMI Uganda Family,
As Leaders, Project Managers, Supervisors, and Facilitators, much of our effectiveness is measured by our ability to successfully turn ideas into reality while carefully balancing all project constrains.
We are assigned by our various organizations to deliver project objectives/deliverables that enable our organizations to reach their strategic goals.
Also our ability to use interpersonal skills such as collaborative leadership, communication, an innovative mindset, for-purpose orientation, and empathy allows us to maintain influence with a variety of stakeholders which is a a critical component for making change.
- We are now 525 members, still growing. 150 members joined/rejoined this year.
- Retention has also grown to 66% and we continue to engage our members so they can renew.
- Credential holders are now 320 up from 280 at the beginning of the year
- We organized a total of 10
- We had 2 physical events.
- We were represented at PMI Africa Conference in Nairobi by 25 delegates.
- We had 7 delegates attended the PMI Global Summit in Atlanta , Georgia.
- With Social Impact plan, we have reached and taught project management life skills to over 300 youths. Thanks to our Vice President Social Impact and the dedicated member volunteers for the time spent on volunteering their skills and knowledge.
So, what next?
As our chapter will be celebrating 10 years anniversary next year 2024. What has made us 10 years old will not necessarily propel us to the 20th Anniversary. Hence the need to look around for new opportunities and ideas that will transform our community and chapter into maturity. We have to focus on value creation, ways of working, AI and collaboration with both public and private sector: Here are focus areas for 2023
- To fully constitute the Board by filling a few vacancies on the Chapter Board by Q2.
- The Chapter will be engaged in university outreach to activate our student’s membership. We want to see 200 students’ members with in the chapter.
- At the end of 2024 we would like to become 1000 members.
- Participate in PMI regional and Global events.
- Sign up 5 MOU with Corporates and Government agencies.
- National Project Management Conference in June 2024.
What do we need?
We need your active participation and constructive feedback. I am sure there will be many challenges ahead of us, but we will be vigilant, persevere, and resilient. I am sure we can do it because you are a group of passionate members who volunteer to make it happen.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank all the volunteers. Please stay safe and stay strong together.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2024.
Eng. Irene Nattabi, PMP®
PMI Uganda Chapter
Tel: +256 777 880 869/+256 704 005 210