20 February 2023
From: Eng. Irene Nattabi, PMP®, PMI Uganda Chapter
To: All Chapter Members.
I trust the good Lord has kept you all well. I want to thank all returning/renewed members and also welcome new members to the Chapter. We are growing steadily and are currently 393 member’s vs our target of 600 members this year. We also have 251 Chapter Credential holders compared to 120 in 2020. Thanks to all you for the referrals and to our Authorized Training Partners (ATPs) for the job well done.
I take this opportunity to make a few announcements and also give you an update of the upcoming local, regional and global events.
- Member Data Update: We are updating all our member details. Most of the details earlier shared with us at registration are out of date. Please find time and update your member details through the PMI Portal. Log into your PMI Account and then update personal information. This exercise will run from today till 3rd March 2023. We assure you that PMI treats your information with the highest confidentiality.
- Bi- Weekly Webinars: Our bi weekly webinars are back. These will be both virtual and physical. We are requesting your feedback regarding the Topics and Speakers that you would like see. We have one scheduled for 3rd March, please look out for an opportunity to register.
Please spare some time and share this feedback using the link below. https://forms.gle/kRooG7NqHofhW3rx5
3.The PMI Global Summit 2023 Call for Presentations is open. The Global Summit that will take place in October 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA will bring together a diverse audience – professionals in project management who want to invest in career building skills, PMO leaders excited to connect and share how organizations can be a force for change, and volunteers looking to increase their power to drive the profession and foster community. Proposals can be targeted for any or all of those audiences. Click here to review the opportunity, list of topics and register your interest.
4. 2023 PMI Future 50 Award nominations are open. PMI needs your help to find and recognize rising leaders from our region as a 2023 Future 50 honoree. Do you want to acknowledge any volunteers, teammates, or partners as outstanding and innovative leaders of the future? Nominate them for the PMI Future 50 awards program, and they could be selected as one of 50 rising leaders who are reshaping the future, accelerating innovation, and turning ideas into reality.
To submit your nominee for the 2023 PMI Future 50, please click here to complete the entry form. Deadline for entry is Tuesday, 28 February 2022.
Upcoming Local and Global Events: Book your calendar and reserve your seat by registering
- PMI Uganda Webinar: Topic: How to maintain your PMI Certification. Date: Thursday 1st March 2022. 18:00 – 20:00 hrs EAT. The event will be Online.
- 2. Career Accelerator Program Uganda. Organized by PMI Uganda Chapter in Collaboration with African Leadership Academy and Master Card Foundation, the event will take place on 1st March 2023. Employers and Entrepreneurs are encouraged to register using this link.
- PMI Uganda Annual Project Management Conference. Date: 8th June 2023. Sheraton Hotel Kampala. The theme of the conference is “Revitalizing Project Management for the Innovative Era”. More details will be shared in due course.
- PMI Africa Conference 2023. The PMI Africa Conference will take place 10-12 September 2023 in Nairobi, Kenya. Check the link for more details https://pmiafricaconference.com/
- 5. PMI Global Summit 2023. The PMI Global Summit 2023 will take place 25-28 October 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The location of this in-person event is Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30313. Check this link for more details https://na.eventscloud.com/website/50787/
I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you at one of our many events this year.
Eng. Irene Nattabi, PMP®
PMI Uganda Chapter
Tel: +256 777 880 869/+256 704 005 210